Friday

The Fabulous 5

People comment to me all the time, I can't imagine having 5 kids! It's pretty amazing, heart swelling, exciting, endearing, exhausting, expensive committed, horrific lifelong experience for sure! (horrific means those times when one of the 5 sends your heart levels to maximum speed!)


Damian didn't get off the bus!, Sean said breathless from running to me, back in the Office where I was Editing. What!?!, you mean he never got ON the bus to come home?. I jumped up, ran for my other son who rides home with him. Damian never rode the bus home with you? I asked, looking around for Damian at the same time. No, he said shaking his head. OK, don't panic, Go find him, I said to myself.

I immediately got Eddie and repeated what was going on. We jumped in the truck and headed for the school, which is where we last knew him to be. I'm doing my best not to panic, but I'll tell you its a sick feeling in your stomach on the ride there. I just kept telling myself, these things happen, kids miss the bus, I did when I was younger!

Long story short, Damian has been struggling in school and had a bad grade! He did not want to come home with it because he knew he'd be grounded to his room. He was delaying his grounding. So he decided to WALK HOME!

Yep, his normal bus driver passed him walking along the road, as the bus driver was headed back to the school. He stopped and picked Damian up, turned around and brought him home. He called Eddie on his cell phone and told him where Damian was.

Wow! what a race of the mind and nerves.

Damian got grounded to his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment