Wednesday

Young Family Portraits

"Be prepared for the girls to be a bit shy at first", said Nikki. "That's fine", I said, "we can go as slow as we need to". I only schedule one photo session per day. This allows us to be relaxed and in no hurry to finish so that I can capture the best shots of all the little looks and emotions that mean so much.

I was shooting the Young Family Portraits after a day of playing email tag with Nikki who was trying to schedule a shoot around her husband Sean's work schedule. Finally it was set and we met in a beautiful Library setting of Nikki's choice. While Nikki dressed the girls and did their hair out of the back of their family van, I chatted with Sean, the Dad and husband. I had brought two of my own kids with me and we were teasing about them being my "caddies" and lugging around my camera bag and light reflectors behind us.
The fun thing about shooting family portraits in a creative, photojournalist style is that I could play with the girls at first, get them relaxed used to me. Soon they all but forget about me having a camera and this is in fact a "photo shoot". Shooting outside in natural light is a challenge, but it's my favorite way to do a photo session. Having the great outdoors as your backdrop has limitless possibilities of beautiful pictures that this family will forever be able to treasure. The girls are growing fast at this age! I am honored to be the one who captured their youth and the love of their family. Although there are way too many to post on here, here are a just a few of my favorites. Thank You Sean, Nikki, Caitlyn, and Alexis for letting me be a part of this special day of capturing your beautiful family memories!

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie, I love them! Thank you for doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love the one of the girls by the doors and the parents kissing off by the side. You can see a smidgen of their impatience. ;-)

    I read the rest of your blogs and Jeannie, I am so proud of you for doing what you did. I had to do the exact same thing...we cannot hear dvds, hear video lessons, or simply go to a workshop in town or learn about stuff on cd's, etc. We are very limited in the way we can learn, but thats the sole reason why I started www.deafppa.com because we need to "work together" and encourage one another as well. I am encouraging you that you CAN DO IT. Don't say "I think". You just DO IT! :-D

    Hugs
    Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete