Tuesday

CowGirl Up !!!

"Oh NO, It's pouring down rain!" I said looking out the back door while talking to Sean and Carrie as we were getting ready to leave. "Should I call and ask if it's canceled?" Carrie asked, almost afraid of what my answer would be. "No, let's just drive on out and see what's going on". I grabbed my umbrella anyways and we headed off.

About half way through our half hour drive, the clouds parted, the roads dried up, and the sun peeked through the mist. Whew! ! You never know with Ohio weather, it can be pouring rain on one side of the street and completely dry on the other. That was close!
We pulled into the farm and they were already in the arena warming up. With my new Cochlear Implant I could hear the snickers and neighs of the horses greeting everyone and all the activity with excitement. I love the smell of horses! I've owned many through out my life and had two of them up until last year when finances forced me to sell my last one. I still see him since he is boarded by his new owners at my friend Michelle's farm, The InnisFree Horse Farm in Canal Winchester, Ohio. http://www.theinnisfreefarm.com/ She raises, trains, breeds and boards all kinds of horses.
Twice a year she has her own horse shows for her boarders and their families to gather for fun, games, and free food (my kids' favorite part!) It's a really fun atmosphere and the kids and a chance for all the boarders to get to know one another. We had a blast. They had the cutest games and won prizes.
Of course I took my camera to capture pictures of my favorite animal in the world! I'll own horses again someday I can't live without them! Until then, here are a few of my favorite from the day.
This is Nate, a HUGE dapple grey Percheron/Thoroughbred, he was mine for his first 5 years of life. Now he has a wonderful new owner and is thriving under her love and care. He is such a gentle giant that Michelle is able to use him for riding lessons.
There were several super cool games, like this one, trying to run your horse around a barrel and grab the wooden spoon without knocking anything over, or Falling OFF!
Michelle's barn accommodates any age range or level of experience, from beginners to advanced, from little baby jumps......
to Bigger Jumps.........
My daughter Carrie having a blast, stealing a ride, while cooling down "Mister" after the show
My son Sean was just smitten with the babies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment