Friday

Sean meets Geri Jewell

A few weeks ago while I was photographing a Live Event for Ohio's Youth Leadership Forum Sean was presented with yet another amazing opportunity. He got to meet famous actor/comedian Geri Jewell. Known to most of us oldies by her role on "Facts of Life" and most currently HBO's "Deadwood". I was so proud of him! He walked right up to her after her presentation and introduced himself. He let her know he too wanted to be a stand up comedian and actor. It was so exciting to be standing before someone who despite all her challenges in life, has preservered, and made it all the way to Hollywood! She was an amazing speaker and had us all in stitches of laughter the entire time!
When we got home Eddie was asking us all sorts of questions and said to me "It was a real thrill to get to shake her hand wasn't it?" "Oh my gosh" I said "You wouldn't believe how exciting it was". Eddie then asked me...."do you know why you got to meet her?"...."umm...well because know Tanya?." I said. "No", Eddie said. I stood there kinda stumped trying to think of what answer he was looking for. "Because your a photographer" he responded. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. He was right! Even though I did get referred to photograph this Live Event by my friend Tanya, there was that other ingredient that was there to make it all come together. I got to have this amazing opportunity to spend a week making all these new friends, and meet a celebrity and share that experience with my son because I took that leap of faith to chase my dream of being a photographer! WOW...that's deep
Here's Sean looking oh so proud!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment