Thursday

Editing is cool !

I have come a long way from a year ago, when I really told myself it's do or die.
Walking away from something so steady as I had with my day job was a panic attack all of it's own. It's been a really wonderful, but slow ride so far and I can't wait to see what the new year brings. I have a long way to go, but I've learned a lot and I'm eager to soak up more. In a year from now, I'll be so much better than I am today. The great thing is, I LOVE what I'm doing. I love meeting new people and doing something special to make their lives intertwine with mine. I love being able to do something for them that I'm totally proud of.
One of the biggest things I've learned in the last 6 months is working with Photoshop. The session doesn't end when I'm finished snapping pictures. It has just begun!
Editing is really cool, but still a pain staking process for me. I think I've got it figured out pretty good, but I get better, all the time. I just keep learning and practicing. It's hours and hours of time. And I have spent hours and hours each month reading and studying as if I'm still in school!
This coming year I have set a personal goal for myself to learn to shoot completely manuel, as well as learn to use my Flashes on camera and off. Oh yeah...then there's learning how to set up the flashes and lighting and how to use the camera settings along with the pocket wizards and all the other gadgets in between. I want to learn to get the picture as close to perfect in camera as I can. So there's not much more to do after that expect perk it up some and make it pop.
Check out a few before and after pictures of the recent Arizona vacation Eddie and I took in November. We went scouting the area looking for housing, checking out the scenes, and just trying to have a great time.
Making ordinary pictures into something more is so groovy. This is what I do for a living! How cool is that!!
I take a picture that looked like this straight out of camera...

And make it look like this.......

Eddie realized he's inside the eye of a skull. Whoa, I think he's right! I'll probably print this one out. I love it! Here's another.....a picture of Eddie looking in a truck in the desert dull and flat.....straight out of the camera.

Now it's a piece of Art!
A few more examples...



Eddie and I had a such a good time in Arizona! We can't wait to visit again, and soon move our entire family there! Here are a few more from our trip.


Even professional photographers have to have fun and take pictures just for ouselves. (sorry they are soooo small ) I need to figure out how to fix that



We visited this cool Western Ghost town out in the desert. We wore shorts and broke a sweat just standing to watch the "Gun Show" the local actors put on every hour on the hour. Remember....it's the End of November here guys...it reached into the 80's in temperature today.





No matter where we were while we were in Arizona, when you looked up on the horizon you saw mountains. I just fell in love with the whole experience!


my attempt at using sun flare....

No comments:

Post a Comment