Thursday

Amber's 6th month











I've been taking pictures of Amber since before she was born! Michelle has long been my practice subject since I started getting really serious about making my decision to pursue photography full time. Michelle was brave enough to let me try out my skills a few weeks before she was due. Good thing we did them when we did because Amber was born about week later, premature! Now Amber has just turned 6 months old and Wow how time is flying and I have learned a lot while watching Amber Grow like a weed! I decided to take her downstairs this time to my little practice indoor portrait studio. I have a 3 light set I invested in from Ebay 2 1/2 years ago. The KT900 Smith/Vector Light Set. It's a total of 1200 watts and I don't really think it's strong enough, but better lighting will have to come at a later date. I tried my best with Traditional Style in Studio as I see it. Not perfect, but I hope I at least captured something special of Amber. She's a happy little thing and a really easy baby. Studio Lighting is so much different than doing location shoots with natural lighting. I have to say both take time and practice to learn. I need to invest in a batch downloading software program so that i can do batches of light and color correction at a time. I want my customers to be able to choose from many many different pictures, and having to go in and touch up every picture takes way too much time. So I've got to really get a handle on how to speed up my workflow.
Here are a few of my favorites from Ambers session.






No comments:

Post a Comment