Wednesday

day 101 #tasra365



day 101 #tasra365, originally uploaded by jeanniecochranphotos.

Columbus Ohio Lifestyle, Family, Maternity, Newborn, Equestrian & Boudoir Photographer
Instead of skipping 23 days...I'm just gonna jump right back in where I left off. I ran into several complications after having my 2nd cochlear implant surgery that had nothing to do with the surgery itself. (anyone wanting to know what that is feel free to go to Youtube and look up Cochlear Implant surgery, be beware, it's not for a weak stomach). First, while I was laid flat on my back in bed, my computer bit the dust. After waiting to heal enough to shop for another PC, even though I covet a MAC = way out of my price range, I discovered all the new PC's come installed with Windows 7. Groovy, or so I thought. Once I had my new PC up and running I tried to install my old Photoshop CS3 only to discover this software that's only 3 years old is too old to run on my new computer :(( 
I then turned to my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and discovered it too was too old to run on my new PC...double whammy!! Now I'm left with no photo editing software at all!
Don't panic, just upgrade photoshop right,.... wrong. After purchasing the CS5 Upgrade I ran into another roadblock. Unbeknown to me when I purchased my Photoshop CS3 software in 2007 from a 3rd party seller on Amazon I was being sold a pirated copy of Photoshop. How I got it to work the first time for all these years I have no idea. It just did, so I was never suspicious, never had a bit of trouble with it and it worked perfectly until my upgrade asked me for the serial # to the old version. Zonk!!!! After speaking with Adobe I learned the serial # was in fact, invalid.
This was my mistake for trying to save a few bucks. Anyone who has purchased Photoshop knows it's expensive!! So now I have Photoshop CS3 that won't run and an Upgrade that won't work :((
I still don't have the funds to buy Photoshop CS5 yet.
Once again I turned to Lightroom, purchased the upgrade to Lightroom 3 and viola!!! I'm back in business!
I think I'm going to hold a yard sale to gather the funds for my new Photoshop. Until then. Lightroom 3, with all it's cool new features saves the day and it ROCKS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better and mostly back up and running! Awesome image.

    ReplyDelete