Sunday

Happy Mothers day to my Mamma!

She started so Young! At 16 she was a mamma. She did the best she could for such a young mother with no guidance on how to raise two little girls. As a mother to 5 kids myself, my first child born when I was 22 I can't imagine what her world felt like, the stresses she endured, the financial strains of trying to keep it all together. But she did the best she could for someone so young. People have told me all my life I'm a walking talking spitting image of my mom. I have to agree I see so much of her, in me. She is beautiful, artistic, funny and has a heart bigger than the world for those she loves. Every year I struggle to come up with something to let her know I love her. And even though she's a lot older now, and not as goofy and carefree as she once was, she's still my mamma, and still a part of me!
I love you Mom. Happy mother day! I wouldn't exist without YOU!


Mom and her catch. I can't ever remember being happier than when we lived here when I was just a little tot.

Photobucket

Mom's two little girls, from the left...My sister Amy and me in the braids.

Photobucket


from left to right...
Mom, holding my little sister Amy, her brother Gary, and me.

Photobucket

mom and me...I think I'm about 6 in this picture
Photobucket

1975, which makes me 5 years old, my sister Amy 3, and Mom was 21.
Photobucket

mom, teaching me how to get sun damage...LOL We get so dark, people actually start asking me what nationality I am. It's that Cherokee blood baby!

Photobucket
Can you believe I used to dress like a "flash dance girl"...Oh MY! Thank goodness you can't see the "leg warmers" in this picture...LOL

Photobucket

mamma and me
Photobucket

New Years Eve 1985. Mom also taught me how to Party! Man could she DANCE! She used to win dancing competitions with my step father.

Photobucket
Mom and me with my very first Pentax Camera, here I'm about 15. We used to model for each other all the time and she loves taking pictures.

Photobucket

Mom took some pictures of me then had some blown up. She loves me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie,
    What a beautiful tribute. The pictures are wonderful...After seeing the picture of you with braids, I am now convinced that even Sean looks like you...What a great Mom you are.
    Happy Mothers Day
    Cherene

    ReplyDelete