Monday

Introducing.....ME!


Seems like everywhere I look lately...the next biggest thing is to have your own blog! Well I'm not one to be left behind....so here's mine :-)

My name is Jeannie, I'm a Deaf Professional Photographer! I love it!! I now have the most awesome job in the world! And I'm meeting the most amazing caring people on the planet, not to mention..super smart! Being Deaf is an obstacle...but I'm not letting it stop me anymore!

This past May 29th I underwent the knife! I finally was deaf enough to be fitted with a Cochlear Implant. It's changed my life! Slowly but surely I'm coming back out of my shell that I had built around myself while feeling imprisoned by my deafness. I feel like I've been given a new chance at life and I'm taking it full steam ahead!

I've been taking pictures since I was 14 when I received my first camera (a Pentax 35mm) for my birthday. I joined my High School Photography class and found my passion and my creative outlet.

I'm married to a super crafty Mason who specializes in outdoor brick/stone fireplaces. I'm a mom to 5 kids who are of course my most photographed subjects. For over 13 years I worked at a total dead end office job...you know the one where you sit in the depressing "cubicle" without a window in sight. Last year I had enough and decided to pursue a life where my heart really was.

I'll be updating my blog on a regular basis to help Market my Photography Business. I'll post pictures of my work, share my triumphs, set-backs, my family, and our lives.

For now...here's a picture of 4 of the kids at the beach this month. It's hard sometimes to get them all in the same place at the same time...LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment